Thursday, May 10, 2007

Hope? Journal 25. Februar 1915

"Wäre ich ein Fremder, der mich und den Verlauf meines Lebens beobachtet, müßte ich sagen, daß alles in Nutzlosigkeit enden muß, verbraucht in unauf- hörlichem Zweifel, schöpferisch nur in Selbst- quälerei. Als Beteiligter hoffe ich."

"If I were a stranger, who observed myself and the course of my life, I would have to say that everything must end in uselessness, used up in inexorable doubt, creative only in self punishment... (but) as a participant in the process I still hope."

Franz Kafka

2 Comments:

Blogger Bello (Buddy) Manjaro said...

cool photographic images....

10:15 AM  
Blogger Joseph K said...

Alton, Thanks so much. I dabble. I very much enjoy your writing and wish you would od more of it. You also find some pretty amazing images!

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters
Locations of visitors to this page